It's only been a million years... but I have finally created a new video for YouTube! I've been meaning to buy a new foundation for the longest time but have always put it off seeing as... well, you know... I never wear makeup as it is. But then an event comes along and I feel like shit with my undone face, amongst the glamorous cake faces of the night.
As much as I hate wearing foundation, I hate standing out even more. I'd rather blend in and be one of the girls. So it was about time I got my hands on a new foundation to try! Watch the review below, but if you don't have the 3-ish minutes to spare, I list my thoughts and key points after the video:
What I loved about it:
- It really does feel weightless
- The colour match for my skin was perfect (Barcelona)
- The finish is very natural - not too matte, not to shiny. It was just the right balance which resulted in quite a lovely velvety finish.
- Very easy to apply as it was quite a runny liquid and very much like the NARS Pure Radiance tinted moisturiser (which is my go-to product)
- It barely oxidised on me. I have the kind of skin that turns any foundation into an oompa loompa shade and this one oxidised only just a teeny tiny bit.
- I didn't get to try this out for myself as I had only a small sample container to go by, but it comes in a sleek glass bottle with a pump which I already know I will love. What's not to love about a pump?!
- It does not contain SPF so it is perfect for flash photography, which happens fairly frequently during events/night's out!
What I didn't like about it:
- It did oxidise, albeit by just a tiny bit
- I didn't use a powder with it, so maybe that would have solved this problem, but it felt like it never really set. If I rubbed my face, some would come off.
- It got a bit shiny as the day went on. Nothing that blotting or a dusting of powder wouldn't fix, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't do stuff like that throughout my day simply because I don't like carrying extra makeup and brushes in my bag.
Final verdict? I like it enough to buy. When I did the review, I wore it to work. I'm quite active and busy at work, on my feet all day and sweating and such. I really put it through its paces. However, my intended purpose for a new foundation is to wear it to events or night's out only, which means it suits my purpose just fine.