One of my favourite makeup looks is of Rihanna's stunning bronze eye with a pop of blue, from her music video "If It's Lovin' That You Want". It's such a simple yet striking look. Here's a screen shot of her amazing eyes in the music video:
|Screen shot of "If It's Lovin' That You Want" by Rihanna|
I believe I'm such a big fan of this look because Rihanna is such a stunner in it. I would kill for a body like that! And I was a huge fan of Rihanna when she was still a good girl (before she had "gone bad"). I still love her songs, I just want her innocent image back! But I digress...
I filmed a quick voice over tutorial, emulating the eye makeup. This is my first voice over video and I think it's safe to say that I need a lot more practice with voice overs! It's a very wearable look, perfect for spring. I know Melbourne is in autumn now but the past two days have been so nice and sunny, I sometimes forget which season we're in!
Direct video link: http://youtu.be/odfg_eBvobo
List of products used:
I managed to get a lot of use out of a few products that I received in my beauty subscription boxes, so you may be familiar with or even own a few of the products listed here! I'm quite liking the Lime Lily cream blushes, and I've worn the Lash Republic lashes so often that they are looking a little worse for wear. Products received in a beauty subscription box are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Naked 2 palette (half baked on lids, chopper in crease, foxy as highlight, suspect to deepen crease)
- Dior 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow Quad in Electric Lights (darker blue shade only)
- NARS Larger Than Life Long Wear eyeliner (Via Veneto)
- Lash Republic "Accentuate" false eyelashes*
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation (Barcelona)
- Lime Lily cream blush (Princess)*
- Mirenesse 3D Forever Gloss (Hello Kitten)*